The "Ask Felgall" Website Construction Award
Site Navigation Criteria
To work out what score you should get for this section just check whether these statements are true in respect to your site, if so then you should be awarded the corresponding points.
Maximum points for each criteria are indicated by the numbers shown in bold preceding each description.
- 02 The Meta Description tag should contain a reasonable description of what the page is about.
- 02 The Meta Keywords tag should contain keywords related to the page.
- 01 A search for the name of the site in Google returns a link to the site within the first twenty entries returned.
- 01 Navigation links are in a consistent location on every page of the site so that they are easy to find.
- 01 The navigation links are neatly aligned.
- 01 A link back to the home page is provided on every page.
- 01 The location of the current page relative to the rest of the site is clearly indicated.
- 01 Links clearly indicate the nature of the page that they link to.
- 01 An email link or contact details page link is included on the home page.
- 01 An email link or contact details page link is included on every page.
- 01 A site map is provided listing all pages on the site.
- 01 The site map also indicates the relationships between the pages.
- 01 A site search facility is provided.
- 01 It is obvious which links are internal to the site and which are external.
- 01 Links to newly added pages are identified.
- 07 External links are regularly checked (subtract 1 for each broken external link, subtract 1 if there is no indication of when the external links were last checked, can go negative if too many broken links).
To judge this, external links will be checked twice about a week apart, any where the destination page is not found on both occasions will be counted as a broken link - this allows for sites to be temporarily offline at the time of the one of the checks