Exception Conditions on Rewrite
Question: What are the exception conditions for rewrite commands in CICS?
Answer: There are twelve different exception conditions relating to the CICS REWRITE command. Some of these are raised due to the current status of your CICS system, some are caused by coding errors in the program, and some are related to the data that you are trying to write. Here is a list of all of the conditions with a brief explanation of what it means:
- disabled - the dataset is disabled, probably as a result of a CEMT SET DISABLE command.
- dsiderr or filenotfound - the dataset isn't defined in the file control table
- duprec - the record contains an alternate key that is a duplicate of one that already exists.
- illogic - a serious VSAM error occurred.
- invreq - the record wasn't previously retrieved via a read for update call.
- ioerr - an input/output error occurred.
- iscinvreq - a remote system error occurred.
- lengerr - the record length exceeds the maximum allowed.
- nospace - there is no room in the file to write the record.
- notauth - you are not authorised to write to that file.
- notopen - the file is not open.
- sysiderr - the remote system is not found or could not be accessed.
This article written by Stephen Chapman, Felgall Pty Ltd.