There are more text controls than just font and alignment.
- color specifies what colour to display the text in.
- text-decoration can be none (the default), underline, overline, or line-through. A few browsers also support blink.
- text-shadow can be none (the default) or a colour and length for the shadow can be speciofied.
- text-transform can be none (the default), capitalize (makes the first letter of each word uppercase and the rest lowercase), uppercase, or lowercase.
- direction defaults to ltr. You can also specify rtl if you are using a language that writes from right to left.
- unicode-bidi specifies bidi-override to override the current text direction, embed to embed bidirectional text within the current direction. The default is normal since bidirectional text is not often required.
- page-break-before and page-break-after can be set to always to force a page break before or after the associated text when it is printed. The default is auto which will break to a new page when the current page is full. Only works when used within an HTML tag directly.
This article written by Stephen Chapman, Felgall Pty Ltd.