Windows 98 has a fairly advanced help facility to help you solve your computer problems. One facility offered by the help facility that you may not know about is the troubleshooter wizards. These are interactive facilities within the Windows 98 help that will provide you with a series of alternative things to try in order to attempt to fix a particular problem. There are quite a few different troubleshooters available to help with a variety of hardware and operating system problems that might occur.
- Networking to help you to solve problems relating to the getting your computer to communicate with other comouters on the local network.
- Modem and Dial Up Networking to help you to solve modem related problems and other problems that you might have in connecting to the internet.
- Startup & Shutdown to help you solve problems retating to starting and shutting down your computer.
- Print to help you solve all of your printer related problems.
- Memory to help solve computer memory errors
- MS-DOS programs to help you resolve problems relating to running DOS programs under windows
- Display to help you solve problems relating to your monitor
- DirectX to help you solve problems relating to 3D rendering in games that use the directX graphics engine.
- Sound to help you solve multimedia problems
- Direct Cable Connect to help you resolve problems relating to connecting two computers together using a laplink or similar parallel cable.
- PC Card to help you solve problems relating to laptop computers using PC cards.
- Internet Connection Sharing to help you solve problems relating to multiple computers on your local network sharing an internet connection through a single computer on the network.
This article written by Stephen Chapman, Felgall Pty Ltd.