Can Not Print After Installing New Printer
You should follow these steps to install a new printer:
- Attach the new printer hardware to the computer.
- Install the printer driver from the CD that came with the printer.
- During the install process you may have to select the port that the printer is attached to if the software doesn't scan for it itself. In any case you should check that it has selected the right port.
- Once the driver is installed go into printer properties for the printer and perform a test print from there. If that works then the printer is properly installed. If not then either the driver hasn't installed properly, the printer is on a different port than you thought it was, or the printer is not attached to the computer properly.
- If you can print successfully from there but not from individual programs the problem is probably with the program rather than the printer setup.
This article written by Stephen Chapman, Felgall Pty Ltd.