- Often introduces the old/bad way first and only tells you the better way a page or two later
- Recommends Firebug for debugging where all browsers except Firefox have Venkman built in
- Sixth Edition: Published 2010
- 476 page hardcover
- Published by Microsoft Press
- ISBN: 978-0-735-64552-3
- Author: Steve Suehring
Here are a few examples of where the book recommends doing something the wrong way or states something that is incorrect.
- Page 177 states you can't use sort() to sort numbers, but you can simply by adding one extra line of code to override the way the sort handles the comparison.
- Uses non-standard HTML in the example on page 272 by defining the same id multiple times. As this is being tested when the individual nodes are retrieved this garbage HTML could have been avoided by using class instead of id.