Two Computers

Question: I am wanting to share files between my laptop and desktop, and only using one cable going from one to the other. How can I do this?

Answer: If both computers contain a network card then you just need to install a crossover cable between the network cards. Alternatively if both have a parallel port then you can do it with a laplink cable.

Another alternative if they both have wireless networking available and are attached to the same network is to send the files via the network without needing a cable at all.


This article written by Stephen Chapman, Felgall Pty Ltd.

go to top

FaceBook Follow
Twitter Follow