Upgrading the Guestmap
My guestmap script like any computer program needs to be upgraded on occasion to fix problems with the script and perhaps to add functionality. All updates within 12 months of your original purchase are included in the purchase price.
Since I first published the script in March 2004 I have applied a number of fixes and enhancements as listed below. The current version number is 3.1.
- Version 1
- Altered code to allow different sized maps to be used.
- Added inc/guestcty.php to allow cities to be overlaid onto the map
- Redrawn parts of the supplied map to make it more accurate.
- Amended inc/guestcty.php to call common function to overlay cities.
- Allow visitors to place markers over city names
- Amended to optionally display a thankyou message
- Version 2
- Added a second table and the ability to ban an email address or ip address from posting entries.
- Various security enhancements
- Version 3.0 introduces support for multiple languages where your visitor can click on a flag to translate all the Guestmap instructions etc into one of several different languages.
Translations provided by - Dutch language: Johanna Ouwerling, German language: Silke Dallmann, French language: Olivier Geneste.
The easiest way to implement these changes to your copy of the script is to resend the script (you will need the item and invoice numbers from your original purchase to request a resend).
This article written by Stephen Chapman, Felgall Pty Ltd.