Lots of good ideas on how to get your web page loading faster and get it ranking better in the search engines.
- Top ten steps to better search engine ranking.
- Covers Pay Per Click (PPC) and how to convert traffic to sales.
- In depth look at how to get your web page loading faster.
- Explains what metrics are, terminology used, and how to make use of the information.
- Author seems to think that there are still people using Netscape 1 and IE2 web browsers.
- Covers two diferrent subjects only slightly related.
- First Edition: July 2008
- 367 page paperback
- Published by O'Reilly Media
- ISBN: 0-596-51508-1
- Speed, Search Engine & Conversion Rate Secrets
- Author Andrew B King
The only thing that many of these things have in common with one another is the book title - they are all different ways of optimising a web page and while there are other books that cover one aspect or another of web page optimisation, this is the only book where you will find all of them covered in the one place. The author recognises that the topics fall into two almost unrelated areas by dividing the book into two parts with separate chapters covering each separate aspect. This makes it extremely easy to go straight to the section of the book that deals specifically with the aspect that you are currently concerned with.
This isn't a book that you will sit down and read from cover to cover. This is a book that you will return to again and again to look up specific sections in order to obtain ideas for how to improve specific aspects of your web site.